Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Above: Today's fashion find: www.macys.com online sale, charter club double breasted pea coat, previously $149.99, now $59.99 (in the clearance section!) photo credit.- macys.com

-------------------------------------------------------------



Hello and welcome to my blog. This blog is brought to you by a true movie buff, music lover and fashion trend watcher (sometimes a participant). The acronym (mfmru) for the url is a bit of a tongue twister but if you remember it, I'll be your bff;-) I hope you visit mfmru.blogspot.com often to see what's new. The video clips to the right of your screen are film/animation, music and style related in that order. There's a small space between each from top to bottom, for your viewing pleasure. Those clips will also be changed periodically.


This blog is going to be a look at a variety of topics, "united" on the same site. I'm delighted to share my words. I also write on hubpages. I'll be adding some links to my other work in the future and you can click hubpages on the icon on the bottom of the page if you'd like to learn more about that site.


I'll be creating posts on this page, which discuss fashion finds from the thrifty to the high end, information about sweepstakes/giveaways (yes, giveaways!), music video/sound clips sometimes with a written review of the music, and film reviews.


While, I'll be writing film reviews myself, I'll also link to 'what the critics are saying' from time to time.



In this blog, you will find mentions of various genres of film including comedy, drama, mystery, action, documentary and more.


Music reviews and video clips on mfmru.blogspot.com will also be of a wide range of genres. I enjoy and would not hesitate to recommend a huge variety of songs (from classical to hip-hop) for the listening ear and a bit of information about the artists. Sometimes, an artist just needs more exposure to an audience that will appreciate him or her and I'll be happy to offer that to you.


Although not part of my web title at the moment, I plan to include photos from visual and graphic artists in the future as well. I hope you find that checking in on this blog from time to time will be an enriching experience for you. I know that writing it will be enriching and enjoyable for me.


So, on some days, my posts will be a page or more long, on some days just a paragraph, and on some days it will be 'hey, check out this giveaway' or 'here is today's fashion find'.


Today, in particular, it's guess what: the fashion find you see above. On the day of this posting, macy's is running a huge 50-70% of sale with 99 cent shipping. The coat that I bought for myself and most wanted to recommend is no longer available (style & co. stretch wool peacoat) but here is another one that seems to be a great buy (depending on what climate you live in, of course). Not adequate for the deep freeze currently occuring in the midwest and not necessary in the tropics:-) If you are interested in that purchase, act fast before they run out!


Thank you for reading. Until my next post to mfmru...


-Journey*






No comments:

Post a Comment