Saturday, May 23, 2009

Yellow Tunics

Technorati Profile




I haven't posted in a little while, but today I'll make one last note about Slumdog Millionaire! As with my film review of the movie Australia, when I watched Slumdog Millionaire, I took notice of the fashion. I know I'm not the only one. A lot of filmgoers were left talking about Latika's ( Frieda Pinto ) wadrobe after watching this film. Turns out the color yellow purposefully surrounded this character during the film- both for the character Latika as a child and for her as an adult.
She wears a yellow dress in childhood scenes. Later as an adult, she wears a one-of-a-kind yellow scarf designed by Suttirat Anne Larlarb who says, "I wanted to bookend the journey—to tie her childhood yellow dress to her final look." That is according to the wikipedia biography of the film, which credits Lindsay Soll, "Finders Keepers," Entertainment Weekly 1029 (9 January 2009), 10.

What I've noticed is the lovely sleeveless tunic Latika wears in the film release poster. One could say it is in the yellow orange family. Anyway, it inspired me to talk about yellow tunics for the fashion feature of Slumdog Millionaire, just as I featured fashion finds inspired by the movie Australia not too long ago.

Here are my top choices of yellow tunic fashion finds!






The 5 choices above, from top to bottom are:

1. indianselections.com offers the mustard art silk designer tunic or kurti for $59.99 (photo credit: indianselections.com)

2. Choice #2 comes from Neiman Marcus. It is an embellished yellow tunic with a beaded neck. It is imported silk / cotton and on sale for $114 (photo credit: neiman marcus.com)

3. My next choice is from a great place to shop - Bluefly. The chanterelle pointelle sleeveless tunic at a cost of $55.99. It is available in sizes XS, S, M, and L.
(pho credit: bluefly.com)

4. The yellow square neck 3/4 sleeve length cotton embellished tunic (available in petite, tall and misses sizes XS-3X) by Lissom. It is currently unavailable at amazon.com but that seems to be where to find it if it becomes available again.
(photo credit: amazon.com)

5. The Slinky Brand Tropical Experience 3/4 Sleeve tunic available at HSN. The latest clearance price is $49 while the HSN price is $59.90 with a savings of $10.00. Great deal!
(photo credit: fashion.hsn.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment