Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Boo - A Poem

Boo – A Poem

Cooperate.
Negotiate.
Communicate.
No matter what
I do.
I just have to suffer
through
the way you treat me,
boo.
Well, I boo you!
I have been your audience
but this is not entertainment for me
you see.
You have my reassurance.
I boo you.
You suck man.
You have been boo’ed
because you screwed up
this whole situation.
You make simple things in life
complicated
because you feel motivated
to do so
but I do not
In case you forgot.
I am so tired
of being a doormat.
That was never
part of my plan.
You are completely unreasonable
and you are that way
with pleasure.
Well, I’ll dust myself off
and shine myself up.
I know that I’m a treasure.
You slapped my other cheek
just for good measure.
I turned the other cheek for you.
There is not doubt that that is true.
I tried.
I did.
I tried.
I cried.
I did.
I cried.
She tried, she cried, she died.
Is that all
that one would
be able to say
about me?
No.
I am so much more.
It is sad
that this experience
has not been folklore.
It’s been very real.
I really need to heal.
My joy you will not steal.
I can say that
like I own it
but damn,
I can’t control it.
You stole my joy.
You really did.
It’s like it went and hid.
But now I need to find it
even if I can’t find you.
Bye boo.




Copyright - Journey *

No comments:

Post a Comment