Tuesday, March 19, 2019

ICED COFFEE

ICED COFFEE

I don’t visit Starbucks coffee shop, specifically, very often anymore. When I was in graduate school in Washington, DC, several years ago, I must say that I was an excellent Starbucks customer! While I have cut back a lot on Starbucks, I do still greatly enjoy an occasional iced coffee with whipped cream from wherever. Lol. For example, some really great iced coffee is served at the café at the Greensboro Science Center where I chaperone my sons’ field trips.
Here on the mfmru blog, I have sang the praises of Walmart numerous times because of the great deals that I can get there. I do know a lot of people prefer the smaller retailers and feel like Walmart can have quite a monopoly on business at times but I do love the prices at Walmart.

Here is my latest treat from Walmart Neighborhood Market supermarket. For just $1.88, you can buy a 13.5 oz Great Value brand iced coffee that has a good shelf life with an expiration date about a year away from purchase date.
You can keep these glass bottles of iced coffee in your cupboard or pantry until you are almost ready to drink the iced coffee and then put a few bottles in your refrigerator to let them chill. A few years ago, I used to do this with Aldi supermarket iced coffee as well but I have not been to Aldi supermarket in quite some time. Walmart Neighborhood Market has been my go to place quite recently.

Additionally, in the frozen foods and refrigerated foods sections of Walmart Neighborhood Market supermarket, you can find Walmart’s Great Value brand whipped cream topping for just 67 cents!

I was hesitant the first time I purchased this whipped cream product because some store bought whipped cream products can have an unpleasant aftertaste of chemical artificial ingredients and I wanted to get the most natural tasting whipped cream topping for my iced coffee. At just 67 cents, I recently gave this Walmart Great Value brand whipped topping a try and it is good. I was not disappointed.

So here’s what I do: I like to limit my caffeine intake and I have been meaning to look for some great decaf iced coffee. For now, I pour out half of a 13.5 oz bottle of Great Value brand iced coffee into a repurposed glass mason jar and I add to that some whole milk from a gallon sized bottle of whole milk that I keep in my fridge. Yes, whole milk please. In my opinion, whole milk is so much more creamy and delicious than skim milk.

I then top my iced coffee/ whole milk blend with a scoop of the Great Value brand whipped topping and I have a delicious and filling iced coffee treat. I have been having this iced coffee treat around 3 times a week lately and I eat less food on the days that I indulge in this drink. Maybe you’d like to try it! It is a nice, economical way to enjoy iced coffee!
(Please see photo below.) Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment