Friday, March 8, 2019

The Crooked Tail Cat Café on South Elm Street in Greensboro, North Carolina

The Crooked Tail Cat Café on South Elm Street in Greensboro, North Carolina

Looking for a place to go for a little bit of pet therapy, perhaps? If you are in the Greensboro, North Carolina area, perhaps you might like to consider visiting The Crooked Tail Cat Café. Personally, I am a bit skittish around cats. Something about them makes me a bit uneasy. Maybe it is their very sudden movements, running from here to there. I am also slightly allergic to cats. I am much more of a “dog person” than a “cat person”.

Nevertheless, back in January, my youngest son was invited to a birthday party at The Crooked Tail Cat Café and I just had to let him go because the birthday party was for one of his favorite little friends. My youngest son also loves cats so I knew that he would enjoy himself at The Crooked Tail Cat Cafe.

So, suddenly, there I was hanging out at the The Crooked Tail Cat Café, a place that I never thought I would visit in a million years! It wasn’t so bad at all, though. I had not been around cats in a long time and I was no longer as uneasy around them as I remember being in the past. I did not get too close to them and did not pet them, but I found them cute as I watched from a distance. My youngest son had a great time at the Cat Café with his friends and he did pet some of the cats. My older son and I hung out and waited for the younger one. We had some drinks. The lemonade that is served at the Crooked Tail Cat Café is really good.

There are about ten cats kept at the Cat Café and they are all considered adoptable. The object is for patrons of the Crooked Tail Cat Café to visit, enjoy a drink such as coffee, tea or lemonade and interact with the cats. The cats are not allowed in the back area of The Crooked Tail Cat Café, where the beverages are sold.

The cats enjoy sitting on laps and being petted. It is hoped that patrons of The Crooked Tail Cat Café will inquire if they are interested in adopting any of the cats and taking them home.

The cats are clean and well cared for and the space that The Crooked Tail Cat Café occupies is very nice, spacious and airy with colorful décor and lots of cat toys to keep the cats occupied. The cats roam about freely in the space and might pounce, jump or climb suddenly, like all cats do. We witnessed a free of the cats landing on their feet literally as they might jump up to a higher ledge and then fall down. Considering that I am not too wild about cats, I found the The Crooked Tail Cat Café to be quite a lovely place. Someone who is a cat lover would adore it and really enjoy spending time there. If you like cats, do not own your own cat but would like to interact with cats from time to time, The Crooked Tail Cat Café would be a great place for you to visit just once or perhaps even frequently. I can definitely see how some people that really like cats would want to go to The Crooked Tail Cat Café regularly.

The back area of The Crooked Tail Cat Café, where the beverages are sold is also the area that is reserved to set up the birthday cake for a child’s birthday party. Cute cat themed artwork adorns the walls and the artwork is also for sale along with some other Crooked Tail Cat Cafe souvenirs such as t-shirts and key chains. When things were winding down and we were getting ready to leave The Crooked Tail Cat Café, I did overhear some people inquiring about how much the kids’ birthday parties cost and apparently, the cost of a child’s birthday party at The Crooked Tail Cat Café is around $10 per invited child (approximately $100 for 10 children).

As my sons and I geared up to leave The Crooked Tail Cat Café, one cat was trying to cozy up a little bit to some of our belongings. I had no interest in taking cat hair home with us so I just waved a finger and told the cat “No, no, no” in a soft voice like I was talking to a baby. The cat looked at me, listened and backed away immediately just like a trained dog would listen! Needless to say, I was impressed. Perhaps that was the first time I ever even tried to give a cat a command. Lol. I don’t remember for sure. Remember, I very rarely get in close proximity to cats.

Well, we had such an enjoyable time. I definitely recommend a visit to The Crooked Tail Cat Café to people who like cats and perhaps even people that don’t like interacting with cats that much. Perhaps you’ll be pleasantly surprised and enjoy the time anyway, like I did!


No comments:

Post a Comment