Sunday, March 3, 2019

Top Ten Best Grocery Deals That You Can Buy At Walmart Neighborhood Market

Walmart Neighborhood Market Is My One-Stop Shop
For the past several months, I have been doing most of my grocery shopping at Walmart Neighborhood Market. I have noticed that the prices there are usually excellent in comparison to other grocery stores, so I repeatedly give them my business. As a result, I have become very familiar with what the best sale prices are at the store, Walmart Neighborhood Market.
Recently, my family went through a period of time where life was so extraordinarily busy that I was not cooking home-cooked meals from scratch as often as I did in the past. As a result, we ate quite a bit of restaurant food for dinner. Of course, we had to eat at other times throughout the day for breakfast, lunch, and snacktime.
I realized that Walmart Neighborhood Market is a great place to find the ingredients for preparing sandwiches and snacks at a very reasonable price. Listed below are some of the best grocery shopping deals that I have found. This list contains lots of sweet and salty snacks, a bit of fruit, and some suggestions for items that you can buy to make quick and easy sandwiches for your family.
1. Potato Chips
You can buy bags of Great Value brand potato chips for just 78 cents each! My family loves the salt and vinegar flavor. We have also tried and enjoyed the original, barbeque, and sour cream and onion flavors. I tend to buy the original flavor more frequently than the others because they have the least amount of additives. The rippled original flavor potato chips are also really good.
2. Ice Cream
Cartons of Great Value brand ice cream and sherbet in half gallon containers generally sell for just $1.84 to $2.05 per half gallon carton. In the past several months, we have tried many of the flavors of Walmart’s Great Value brand ice cream including:
• Chocolate chip cookie dough
• Strawberry cheesecake
• Pistachio Thai green tea
• Break-up brownie (chocolate)
• Homestyle vanilla
• French vanilla
• Neapolitan (chocolate, vanilla and strawberry)
• Coffee
• Cookies and cream

3. Cheese
Great Value brand offers a wide variety of block cheeses for just $1.48 per 16-ounce block! That’s a great price for all-natural cheese in my opinion. I frequently buy blocks of cheese that I will sometimes freeze to be thawed for later use. Here are some of the varieties of cheese that I have purchased so far:
• Cheddar (extra sharp, sharp, medium, mild)
• Gouda
• Pepper jack
• Colby jack
• Muenster

For the purpose of making sandwiches, we also like the Hellman’s mayonnaise, the Great Value brand pepperoni and Hormel uncured salami.
You can prepare a large set of sandwiches if you have growing kids that seem to never stop eating. I recommend eating some sandwiches with your family and wrapping leftovers up in foil to refrigerate and eat for later.
4. Bread
The breads at Walmart Neighborhood Market are a great price. You can get a large loaf of sliced French bread for just $1!
With regular loaves of bread available for just $1, I hesitated to look in the direction of the higher-priced breads for awhile. Nevertheless, I was recently intrigued by the offering of loaves of sliced French brioche (specialty) bread for around $3.50. I was very pleased when I recently decided to buy a loaf. This sweet and tasty bread does not go to waste in my household. I have since repeated the purchase of the French brioche bread a couple of times.


There is even a loaf with vanilla custard filling that I thought tasted pretty good.

QUICK RECIPE: Make a great sandwich that the kids will love to dig into!
• Two slices of French brioche bread
• 1 tablespoon of Hellman’s mayonnaise spread on the two slices of bread
• Add 3-4 cut pieces of Muenster cheese
• 2 slices of salami
• 2 slices of pepperoni

5. Donuts
I was very delighted to find a large baker's dozen (13) box of donuts for under $4 in the baked goods section! This is such a cost-effective deal for buying treats for a growing family.
6. Cakes
Walmart Neighborhood Market carries small loaves of varying flavors for under $3 as well as many larger cakes (including a delicious chocolate-flavored bundt cake) for $6.99 and up. There are also larger birthday-themed sheet cakes that are priced at around $14.99. We have purchased at least four to five of Walmart Neighborhood Market's larger cakes in the past year for various occasions including family member birthdays. These include a German chocolate cake, an Italian creme cake, a rainbow marble cake and a vanilla sheet cake. Photos are included below.

7. Cupcakes
Many types of cupcakes are sold at Walmart Neighborhood Market including Kimberley’s gourmet cupcakes. You can purchase a set of four of these pretty and delicious desserts for just under $4. These are delicious cupcakes for a good price.
Vanilla, lemon, strawberry, choclate, and red velvet cupcakes are just some of the delicious flavors of cupcakes that my family has tried.

8. Mangoes
You can get fresh and delicious-tasting mangoes for just 68 cents each.
9. Strawberries
Containers of fresh strawberries can be purchased for just $2.99. Different brands of whipped cream, like Redi, are sold on shelves right next to the displayed strawberries. We love to eat strawberries and cream in our family, so we enjoy buying and preparing this combination of treats.
10. Beverages especially Iced Coffee and Juices
The Great Value brand iced coffee is a more recent discovery for me and I really enjoy buying it. The Great Value brand iced coffee is tasty and a large, satisfying portion for just around $1.50.
Juices such as cranberry cocktail juice are also sold in the Great Value brand for just $1.48 for 64 oz bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment