Friday, March 22, 2019

What I know so far about Us the Movie

What I know so far about Us the Movie

When it comes to movies, I have been saying for the longest time that I am going to start staying far away from the horror genre because that stuff can really get stuck in your psyche. For the most part, I have (stayed away from the horror movie genre that is). Now, I keep hearing all this buzz about the movie Us. Will I ever go to see it? I am not sure. Probably not. It is probably horribly frightening and gory too I guess. Nevertheless, I have been hearing so much about it. Peele, acclaimed director of the movie Get Out that I also have not seen (except for trailers and short movie clips) has also directed the movie Us, starring actress Lupita Nyongo’o , who won a best supporting actress Oscar award for her work in the movie Twelve Years a Slave (I did see that and Lupita had to act in some intensely awful scenes.)

Currently, Lupita is traveling the film promotion circuit and she is just being interviewed everywhere! In a recent interview on Good Morning America, she spoke a bit about her role that she considers her biggest yet because she is playing two parts.

The movie Us is about a family that is being terrorized by a doppleganger family. Yes, each member of the family is being terrorized by someone that looks just like them. On a positive note, Lupita always has many good things to say about the man that plays her husband in the film. She feels that they share an intimate friendship and she had less fear of vulnerability in the film making process while working with him at her side. Lupita reports that her own mom that was visiting from Kenya was reluctant to watch the movie Us and more or less did so with her eyes closed and her ears covered.

In one red carpet interview, Lupita says that one insightful thing that the movie can teach you, is that sometimes our greatest enemies are ourselves. Sometimes, the enemy is us.

And, that’s all I know about this movie for now. Lol. If I end up seeing it, I’ll be sure to write a movie review for the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment